Director of Materials Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or Equivalent (Technical or Supply Chain degree preferred).
- Five to ten years of experience in the supply chain field.
- Good written & verbal communication skills required.
- Self-starter with excellent analytical and organizational skills required.
- Strong computer skills (Information Systems; Microsoft Office; etc).
- Lean Training/Certification a plus.
- Looking for growth & advancement opportunities.
- Some Travel Required.
Corporate Office ECR International – Utica or Dunkirk New York (Manufacturing Facility) Remote work opportunities available.
Primary Job Duties:
- Supplier Relationship activities: purchase assigned commodities focusing on supplier lead times, efficient delivery schedule planning and track supplier delivery performance.
- Negotiate Supply Contracts (Quality, Delivery, Price, Transport & Logistics, Value Add Services, etc.)
- Lead Cost Performance Productivity Projects (Value Engineering/Value Analysis) identifying cost savings opportunities and project managing these efforts measured by cost improvement and implementation schedule.
- Provide Procurement Leadership with with the New Product Development (NPD) Teams support in new component selection research, new process need research and risk management around cost, schedule and supplier process capability in support of all NPD procurement/logistics deliverables.
- Conduct and initiate Supplier On-Site Audits escalation of Business, Quality and Process Capabilities. (PPAP Execution).
- Responsible for the development and implementation of key supply chain lean and efficiency initiatives (Consignment, Safety Stock, Kanban’s, PO Terms, and Inventory Turns/Value).
- Coordinator and facilitate the supply chain operations of our company through processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods…both inbound and outbound. Identify domestic and international efficient solutions and develop processes compliant to import/export governmental regulations.
- Develop and maintain assigned ISO procedures and related work instructions.
- Participate in and ECR lean and six sigma programs.
ECR International shall completely satisfy all of our customer’s needs by continuously improving the quality of our products and services. This is done by continuously improving market share, on-time delivery, billing accuracy and continuously reducing warranty costs. Every employee needs to follow procedures and work instructions and must also be able to identify where this information is located for reference. The quality system requires each employee to check work for accuracy, check for possibly adverse processes and look for ways to continuously improve the way things are done.
All employees are responsible for complying with all ECR, OSHA, state and local EH&S requirements, as well as participating in any ECR Safety Training.